Unique Funeral Ideas
Funeral services can and should be as unique as the life that is being celebrated. Over the years we have found that the most meaningful services were those that were most personal. There are many ways to add personal touches to funeral and memorial services, and our staff can arrange or assist with any of these:
- Personalised Coffin. Today there are many options for coffin selection. Click here to have a look at our entire range www.expressioncoffins.com.au
- Heart In A Diamond TAKE A LASTING REMINDER OF YOUR LOVED ONE WITH YOU EVERYWHERE YOU GO
Heart In Diamond creates stunningly beautiful diamonds from your loved one’s hair or ashes so you can hold on to your special memories of them — forever.
- Phoenix Memorials – Ashes To Diamonds Families are becoming increasingly involved in organizing their loved ones funeral. More thought is going into how they would like them to be remembered for generations. Phoenix Memorials understands it is a very emotional time; this is why we are so passionate to provide families with good service and an everlasting Memorial to cherish forever.We have taken this one step further, creating diamonds from peoples and pets ashes/hair. It doesn’t matter if it is a cremation or burial it only takes a small amount of ashes/hair to make a stunning Canary or blue diamond. More than one diamond and different sizes are available to suit your budget, or if you wish to have a keepsake for other family members.
- Roger Davy Tenor Professional Singer. Music is an integral part of any ceremony. We believe that music can help us express how we feel about those we have lost and the sound of a voice can be both soothing and assist us in the healing process. They can also help us respectfully celebrate an extraordinary life. Rogers aim at your service is to honour the life and legacy of a loved one that has passed away .
- Teddy Bear Urns and Bereavement Bears Our aim is to create your bear unique and special for your loved one. We have a variety of fabrics you can choose from to have embroidered with your own special message. You can have your loved ones name, dates and your own beautiful message embroidered on a fabric patch attached to the front of the bear (up to 10 words). Contact Us for more information
- Display Pictures or Canvas Prints. Display framed pictures at the service.
- Ocean Funeral (Gold Coast Only)
- Final Words Pre-Recorded Video
- Video/ Slideshow Tribute. Have a picture DVD created to play at the service. It can be set to favourite music or traditional hymns.
- Participation from Family & Friends. Ask friends or family members to participate in the service. They could read a favourite scripture passage, quote, or poem of your loved one. Another idea is to read something your loved one wrote that embodies who he or she was.
- Please Reconsider Balloon Release – Help us protect our environment! Check out this link https://balloonsblow.org/latex-balloons-still-kill/and this link with all laws and applicable fines. https://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/waste/balloon-litter.html
- Musicians. Arrange for special musicians such as a bagpipe payer, harpist, pianist, violinist, organist, or vocalist.
- Harley Davidson Hearse. A Harley Davidson Hearse motorcycle is now available for those that are looking for a funeral that reflects a free spirit and a sense of adventure. Hyqual Australia, a family owned and operated Australian company, operating out of Caloundra, and now offer a Fat Boy Harley-Davidson Hearse motorbike. Based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, they are professional, courteous and place paramount importance on reliability and respect. Hyqual provide riders who are very experienced with in-depth knowledge of funerals and motorcycles. Bookings can be made by contacting us. Areas serviced are, South-East Queensland or Northern New South Wales.
- Military Honours. If your loved one served in the armed forces, arrange for military honours and present a military flag. Consider involving the RSL to participate in a Poppy ceremony.
- Unique Processional. Plan a special route to the church, crematorium or cemetery (stop by an old home, school, or park). If your loved one was a fire-fighter, police officer or other type of serviceman or woman, have the funeral procession led by the respective vehicle.
- Encourage Others to Share Memories. Have note cards at the visitation and/or service so people can write comments or share stories with your family. A popular idea is to have mourners use a permanent marker to write messages directly onto the coffin. (A white coffin works well here). For a child, pictures of their favourite cartoon characters pasted onto the coffin makes for a personal tribute.
- Personalise the coffin. Encourage guests to write a personal note onto a plain white coffin at the funeral ceremony.
- Parting Gifts. Provide parting gifts to those who come to the service. This could be your loved one’s favourite recipe, a packet of flower seeds to plant in his or her memory, or a personalized bookmark with your loved one’s picture and favourite quote or scripture passage. Personalised stubby coolers, coasters and other items can be arranged.
- Symbolic Ceremony at the Cemetery. At the cemetery, arrange for a dove or butterfly release. Placing flower petals into the water during scattering of ashes at sea.
- Reception/ Wake. After the service, have a reception and invite friends and relatives. This event could take place at the church, someone’s home, at a hotel, restaurant, or country club. During this time, share stories or fond memories of your loved one.